Last week we released a new version of HereHere NYC http://herehere.co. Weekly NYC cartoons & lightweight tools for understanding neighborhood concerns to provoke civic participation. Based on user feedback from our earlier prototype (spring 2014) we’ve made massive changes. HereHere now provides:
- weekly cartoons for NYC neighborhoods that are procedurally generated using our sentient data server + 311 complaint data + with great cartoon art by Iris Gottlieb
- hyperlocal trending tweets (integrating the whooly engine)
- tools to compare complaints between neighborhoods
- tools to see year over year changes in things like Public Safety, Air, Water & Nature; Quality of Life complaints by neighborhood
- neighborhood socio-economic and crime context
- An Instagram feed
We’re hoping to get as many New Yorkers using it as possible as we’re doing a month long study. New Yorkers please check it out!